Stay-at-home mom, educational facilitator of two homeschooled teenagers, constantly seeking out learning experiences for myself as well as my kids. This is my fifth Coursera mooc the other four were:
- Creativity, Innovation and Change (Penn State)
- The Horse Course (U of Florida)
- Content Strategy for Professionals: Engaging Audiences for Your Organization (Northwestern)
- Gut Check: Exploring Your Microbiome (U of Colorado Boulder)
Other learning experiences I’ve had include:
- 19 years living with and being obsessed with horses
- 18 years homeschooling two kids
- 10 years American Sign Language Interpreter
- 5 years organizing Mini Maker Faires throughout Southern California
- 3 years of creating and running various making related workshops and activities for the California Homeschool Network’s annual Family Expo Homeschooling Conference.
- Dozens of other side adventures like playing the ukulele, working in a zoo and apprenticing for a horseshoer
My take away from this course will be new content and ideas for the CHN Family Expo workshops. I would also like to design classes and workshops for the general public to be offered at a local makerspace and other locations. Plus, I really like learning new things.